Wednesday, January 14, 2009

HATS FOR ALL (COLD) OCCASIONS



My favorite shot of this years' wave hat, above.
Below, Cascade Jewel creates a gorgeous effect. It has all the colors of the cold ocean and feels like multiple layers of waves, like on a wild day on the Drake Passage. Don't ya love the very curious elephant seal pup? We call them weaners, they've just been weaned and are all wandering around the beaches clumped up together with other weaners.

Below, Jamie and Laura, the cutest and sweetest couple ever, model hats with colors of each others' countries. Brazil's colors are on Jamie and the Canadian flag can be made out on Laura's.



The very visible wave hat for 2008-09 season.


Above, colors of the cold ocean reverberate through this hat made of Cascade Jewel.
Below, I love my new wave hat this year. It´s intended to be quickly recognizable out on the water. I can´t say the Aqua Bound logo on my paddle didn´t have an influence on the design.
Below, Expedition Leader Kirsten got a hat two years ago, as did Andy...I drew his name for Christmas. The green yarn is called Kiwi in the hat I made for myself. Love that color!
The hat I made two years ago to be very visible out on the water. Here we´re checking out one of the mammoth jelly fish that the crabeater seals feed on in Antarctica.
This years´version of the visible hat. Love the waves!
The hat Sue's featured in above, banner photo.
Shots taken January 2013.

1 comment:

  1. How can people not comment on the hats OR the penguin babies. I love it all (and have to quit now since I've only looked at 2 of your posts so far).

    ReplyDelete